Be sure to sign up for the weekly RV Travel Newsletter, published continuously every Saturday since 2001. Click here.

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Highway Travelers–Learn what Facilities are Available at the Next Exit

iExit
iExit LogoWe are fulltime RVers, and this past week we’ve had to travel cross-country, starting in Nevada and ending near Washington, D.C. It’s no surprise that we’ve stayed on the Interstates most of that trip, so we decided to check out iExit (iexitapp.com.) If you’re familiar with the book “Next Exit” you know the basic concept, a listing of all services available at each Interstate Exit. Now, put that on an iPhone/iPad or Android device so that it knows where you are, make it easy to simply tap on an Exit number to show all the details, and you have an extremely useful app.


Campgrounds are Listed

I expected to get good info on gas stations and restaurants, what I didn’t expect is to get nearby campgrounds as well. I have been using Allstays RV and Camp for most of our campground-locating needs, but, on this trip we were interested only in campgrounds that were very close to the Interstate Exits. iExit came thru.
image
The App
Now, if it would only combine the GasBuddy price information, I’d be all set! Such a bother to have to switch back and forth between apps! Woe is me.





1 comment:

  1. Chris, Thanks for posting this. I had gotten a different app (Interstate Exit Info) and the one time I needed to use it, it would not show any I10 New Mexico info. Downloaded this one and it found everything I asked it to on first look.

    With respect to this and Gas Buddy switch - just use hubbies phone for one and yours for the other.

    Jerry G

    ReplyDelete